2017-18 Community and Environmental Sociology Department Awards Committee: Randy Stoecker (chair), Samer Alatout.
Crowe Scholarship Fund
Guidelines Adopted February 4, 2013
The UW Board of Regents accepted a bequest to establish the Evelyn T. Crowe Scholarship Fund in July 1986, for “Scholarships in Rural Sociology.” Evelyn T. Crowe was an undergraduate major in Rural Sociology in the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences, and wished to recognize her appreciation for her excellent education by establishing this scholarship for undergraduates in Community and Environmental Sociology and graduate students in the combined Community and Environmental Sociology/Sociology program. In June 2003, the University of Wisconsin Foundation received an additional bequest from the estate of Evelyn T. Crowe for the same purpose—providing scholarship support to Rural Sociology students.
- Undergraduate applicants must be registered as Community and Environmental Sociology (CES) majors.
- Graduate applicants must be enrolled in the combined graduate program of Sociology/CES and have a CES faculty member as their official advisor.
- Applicants must be current students in good standing at the UW-Madison.
- Applicants will normally be full-time students as determined by CALS or the Graduate School.
- Recipients may be either U.S. or non-U.S. citizens.
- Recipients may be either new or continuing students.
- Recipients may have other sources of funding.
Descriptions of Crowe Scholarships and Allocation
I. Undergraduate Awards. Undergraduate support is a high priority. However, collectively, undergraduates shall not receive more than one-half of all the scholarship funds available in a given year. Scholarly merit and student progress are the deciding factors for granting awards.
II. Graduate Student Awards. Scholarly merit and student progress are the deciding factors for granting graduate awards. Graduate applicants must be enrolled in the combined graduate program of Sociology/CES and have a CES faculty member as their official advisor.
Use the links at right to explore our scholarship opportunities.